Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Really Angelic - Enid Wilson


In pride and prejudice, Jane Austen mentions angelse several times. What if there were real angels inhabiting England then? In this spicy tale of Austen's historical novel, the romance of Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet takes on a bumpy paranormal twist. Challenged by the intervention of demons, dieties, can our favorite couple find the strength to forge their love? Will Darcy and Elizabeth overcome pride as well as prejudice, and find each other?
So I have to say that I loved this book. I was laughing so many times and as well as just enjoying the book.
I loved how both Caroline and Wickham both ended up loonier than a looney toon - his more in part because he was no longer a temptation angel...for Anne and Lydia! And I never would have thought of our dear Rev Collins hosting a demon. ;p Which lead to a truly humorous vanquishment of said demon - but leaves the question - what virginal fluids did Lizzy have to get from her nephew? *grins*
I did enjoy the idea of Lizzy being Mr. Darcy's guardian angel and how she came to be "fallen/lost" as well as Wickham's angel name (that was beyond a hoot and a half). But the relationship with Darcy and Lizzy was definately spicy - mmm library mmm - but also very very sweet.
Well done Enid - another one I am glad that I bought and will definately recommend because I enjoyed it so much! :D Thank you for the experience.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenn for the great review, you're the only one who asked about Master Thomas's body fluid...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepers I tend to pick up on RANDOM things to wonder about that keep me up at night. :D Loved the book tho inspite of my post reading nightly wonderings!

    ReplyDelete