Thursday, September 24, 2009

White Lies and other Half Truths


Barbara Tiller Cole shines a comedic, sexy light on the characters of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, turning it into a delightful romp. Open the pages and take a look at maiden fears, the consequences of white lies, and the hope for redemption. If Fitzwilliam Darcy were alive today he would say, "If Jane Austen had written a Regency Sex Manual, this would be it!" Elizabeth Bennet would have said, "A fun, light, sexy yarn! What I would give to be taught by Professor Darcy!" Take a delightful journey with your beloved characters as you read this delightful farce!
Ok this was another random ass find on Amazon and as soon as I read the preview I knew I had to own it. Thus far of everyone I know who has attempted this piece of fiction I am the only one to actually finish it. It is complete and utter cheese. Funny as hell in places but cheese all the same.
It is a self pulbished book so it is utterly unpolished but oddly not detracting. The gist is that Lizzy opt's to tell Darcy a little white lie to escape him at the Netherfield ball by claiming a sprained ankle...all concerns are discussed and confessions made kisses exchanged and discovered by Mr. Bennet.
I am not going to go into great detail about the book but there are some very good things about it. Caroline is a nut who is obsessed with Orange. Mr. Collins meets a VERY amusing end. Mr. Bennet and Mrs. Bennet work to improve their marriage. Mary is an author friends with Lady Caroline and Lord Byron. Col Fitzwilliam's father and Mr. Darcy's father were best friends with Mr. Bennet. Even Mr. Elton (from Emma) and Mr. Bertrum (from Mansfield) make an appearance.
Bottom line this is a relatively racy book in degrees but I knew I HAD to own it when I read the line Darcy had not been so embarassed since he got caught at 14 "pleasuring" himself...that mental image alone was worth it to me. Still cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment