Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vampire Darcy's Desires - Regina Jeffers


Darcy's hunger takes the greatest literary romance of all time and reinvents it around the hottest publishing genre - vampire romance. No story lends itself better to adaption Two lovers trying to overcome that which seperates them: their pride, their prejudice, Darcy's vampirism, and the evil workings of master vampire George Wickham.
Ok so this is the second vampire Darcy book I have purchased and read. I have to admit that as much as I enjoyed the fluff of Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange; I enjoyed this one more. This particular story takes place from the moment they meet until they over come Wickham and have their happily ever after.
I am not going to wax poetic about how this is the best book ever, because it's not. It is a good story and a very good take on the subject. Darcy is a half breed - half vamp half human and Lizzy is semi-psychic and they work together to reach their HEA against all odds.
I personally found Darcy to be a bit....martyr-ish.
Dunno really what to say. It was good, glad I bought it and read it...probably will read it again but not going to shout it's praises from the roof tops or even strongly suggest that someone else read it. Beh - not explaining myself well....if you choose to read it, it is an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment